Company: UniTherm International, Inc.
Location: Lewisville, TX 75057
Job Type: Full Time, M-F, 7am-4pm
Category: Cleaning, Manufacturing/Production/Operations
Industrial cleaners are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe, clean and hygienic environment within the premises at which they work. They must ensure that the work is carried out to the highest standards. Cleaning will consist of brushing, mopping, sweeping, dusting, polishing, wiping and organizing.
- Front line industrial cleaning of the mechanical separation equipment using hand tools, compressed air, pressure washer (cleaning screen apertures, shredder cutting table, filters on compressors and optical sorts, cutting tape from bearings and rollers etc)
- Preparing an area for cleaning.
- Cleaning ceilings, walls, floors, and windows
- The cleaning of specific types of areas such as offices, toilets, changing rooms and kitchens.
- Emptying waste bins, bagging up rubbish and making sure it is disposed of correctly.
- Placing warning signs to alert people to potential hazards such as wet floors and spillages.
- Cleaning vehicles and machinery.
- Cleaning external areas of buildings, including yards, roofs and external walls.
- Ensuring cleaning products and equipment are stored correctly and safely.
- Monitoring levels of cleaning materials and reordering where necessary.
- Completing timesheets.
- Learning the waste sorting and composting process and contributing to the success of the operation
You may at times be required to carry out duties not shown in the outline job description above.
- Thorough in their work and take pride in what they do.
- Able to read and follow instructions.
- A team player.
- Prepared to work unsocial hours.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy.
- Comfortable communicating with customers and colleagues.
- Fit and healthy, with good mobility.
- Able to comply with health and safety regulations.
- Experience of cleaning in an industrial environment
- Experience of using compressed air, pressure washer
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred
- The role involves working 8 hour shifts from 8-5, Mon-Fri, with some weekend and Holiday working.
- The right person for this role should be a team player but have the ability to work well unsupervised, manage their time effectively and be self motivated.
- Experience in the waste or utilities industries and a knowledge of waste industry practices would be advantageous.
The work can be physically demanding. It may involve climbing ladders, using chemicals and hot water, and working in hazardous environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Please do not call or email in regards to application status.